ZIMS Project

ZIMS Project > ISIS Forums > ZIMS User Forum > test case malfunction  

ZIMS User Forum

Modify settings and columns

View: 
Picture: Bo Jonsson
Bo Jonsson
test case malfunction?
Hi I am trying to do test case 1001.15.01 but run into a problem...there is only possibility to enter one animal as available...when adding the second, the former comes up as a default, so I cannot choose a new animal!
https://trng.isis.org/101/Animal/Animal/MakeAnimalAvailableEdit.aspx?Mode=Add&Tabs=10338&AnimalGUID=f8a63134-1aea-4058-8f23-0e729f445bc2&AnimalVisitGUID=c3f8c9ed-6a43-40df-b2ef-187e9c87834f&InstitutionGUID=67d9dbfb-fd24-4e54-92f9-9e6ab658d4ff
Edited: 3/8/2011 1:14 PM
Attachment
Picture: Joshua Courteau
Joshua Courteau

Thanks Bosse,

The note that you added may be a bug, I am sending this to the support team to verify.

I was able to add a second available animal (Quokka) in the training scenario that you mentioned, and the reason it shows only 1 listing in the results window is that the bug appears to “hold onto” the animal that you just added.  The Available Animal screen really is just an animal search that is filtered by some criteria:

It appears that after adding the available animal, the search criteria thinks that you are only searching for that newly added listing:

I hope this helps explain that issue. If this bug is verified, the Product development team will ensure it is tracked and added to a future release of ZIMS.

Thanks!

-Joshua Courteau

ISIS Training Manager training.isis.org

ISIS Community Portal Evangelist portal.isis.org

Email Me!

Skype Me!

www.isis.org

From: bossejonsson [mailto:bo.jonsson@skansen-akvariet.se]
Posted At: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:58 AM
Posted To: ISIS Forums - ZIMS User Forum
Conversation: test case malfunction?
Subject: test case malfunction?

Hi I am trying to do test case 1001.15.01 but run into a problem...there is only possibility to enter one animal as available...when adding the second, the former comes up as a default, so I cannot choose a new animal!

Posted: 3/8/2011 2:35 PM
Bo Jonsson
Thanks for your quick respons. I've tried it again, and (for me) it once again works for one animal, but the second does not work! If I log out and log in then I am able to do one more! Could be a bug here (at home)...will try it, on my work computor, once I am back at work on Thursday. Bo
Edited: 3/9/2011 8:23 AM
Attachment
Joshua Courteau

Thanks again Bo,

This seems to be similar to the bug I just reported.

If I understand your process, you are choosing the “Add New” option on the right side Quick Links after the first animal is made available.

The Make Animal Available screen that results is incorrectly pre-filled in with the previous animals ID.

This is a bug in the program, consider it also reported!

Thanks!

-josh

Posted At: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 2:43 PM

This is how my screen looks when I try to add a new:

Tracking ID for reported Bug.
Edited: 3/9/2011 9:08 AM
Attachment
Joshua Courteau
This is how my screen looks when I try to add a new:
Posted: 3/9/2011 11:07 AM
Bo Jonsson
"If I understand your process, you are choosing the “Add New” option on the right side Quick Links after the first animal is made available. The Make Animal Available screen that results is incorrectly pre-filled in with the previous animals ID." Correct, both like that AND by going back to the available animal and clicking the "Add new"-button there.
Edited: 3/9/2011 1:55 PM
Joshua Courteau

Thanks again, bug is noted with the Product Development team.

Warmest regards!

-Joshua Courteau

ISIS Training Manager training.isis.org

ISIS Community Portal Evangelist portal.isis.org

Email Me!

Skype Me!

www.isis.org

Posted At: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 11:07 AM

"If I understand your process, you are choosing the “Add New” option on the right side Quick Links after the first animal is made available. The Make Animal Available screen that results is incorrectly pre-filled in with the previous animals ID." Correct, both like that AND by going back to the available animal and clicking the "Add new"-button there.