ZIMS Project

ZIMS Project > ISIS Forums > ZIMS User Forum > Enclosure reports in ZIMS  

ZIMS User Forum

Modify settings and columns

View: 
Picture: Michele Peters
Michele Peters
Enclosure reports in ZIMS
We have not created an official “enclosure report” in the ZIMS application as it appeared in ARKS. However, it is possible to print the information contained in an enclosure report from ZIMS by following these instructions:
  1. On the left-hand menu, click “Animal,” then “Search”
  2. On the search criteria screen, scroll down to the “Enclosure ID/Name” field, and enter the enclosure.  You can also choose to include sub enclosures.
  3. Click the “Search” button
  4. On the results grid, near the top right, you will see buttons that let you export that grid to an Excel, Word, or PDF format
Posted: 2/1/2011 10:35 AM
Picture: Deanna Snell
Deanna Snell
Herein lies the problem with the enclosure reports and most of all the reports, lack of detail.  Although it does give you a list of animals within an area, it does not give you any identifiers, who the sire and dam are or if they came from another institution, when did they arrive (problems I had with the ARKS enclosure report as well).  Enclosure reports are what my keepers use to know what animals they are responsible for and identifiers (tags, bands, names, chips) are mandatory in the enclosure report to ensure they are recording data to the correct animal. 

It also includes animals which are no longer with us (I clicked on no disposition and the clicked "no" for include removed which isn't working).  I don't have the time to go through each enclosure report to ensure only actual animals we have in our collection are listed.

I print these reports out monthly for our keepers so I am double-entering into ARKS so they have a report that fits our needs as best we can.

Deanna
Calgary Zoo