Joshua Courteau
ATTACHING FILES TO RECORDS

From: FBA_Member:SimonEyre [mailto:simon.eyre@wellingtonzoo.com]
Posted At: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 6:53 PM
Posted To: ISIS Members - ZIMS Discussion
Conversation: ATTACHING FILES TO RECORDS
Subject: ATTACHING FILES TO RECORDS

Hi everyone

Has anyone been able to get this to work with 1.2?

I have tried and still can't find a way to do this.

Thanks

Simon Eyre

I questioned that back in June and it has been listed as a bug / enhancemnet:

*===*

Issue #30114 - Solution:

-------------------------------------------

This issue has been validated as a Bug/Potential Enhancement/Data Standards Issue/Training Opportunity and has been referred to the Product Support/Development/Training Team for resolution.

PLEASE NOTE: be sure that the Issue number appears in the subject line of any emails you send regarding this issue.

This Issue was closed.

To view this Issue in detail, click on the link below.

http://help.isis.org/Issue_View.asp?IssueNbr=30114

Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2010 1:34 AM

At the moment the only way to attach a file is to make a link to a file on your own server in the note section - and open a file on a location outside the ZIMS system server.

That needs to be discussed. If there is a need for documents for a specimen, no matter if we talk about pictures (*.jpg) og videos or plain documents (*.pdf), it is not a manageable choice to link to documents outside the ZIMS-server.

How do we want to assure, that documents are available, when an animal is transferred from one institution to another?

How do we want to assure, that documents are available for animals of an institution, that has shut down?

How do we assure, that vital information in these kinds of files are available for research and study?

Consider the case of a cites animal, that has all permits - from caught in the wild to transfer to an institution to permission for mounting after death. These documents need to be in the communities care.

Kind regards

Britta Scholz

DSI Givskud Zoo

Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 8:56 AM

Hi!

Has anyone found out how to attach a file to record? For example, is it possible to set up a link to an excel file or a link to a jpeg file. I'm sure it's possible - I've just not figured out how to do it yet.

Regards,

Pat Milham

Twycross